Information for Friends
What's on this page
- Information You Can Use. Information includes how to get emergency alerts from the City of Santa Fe; COVID-19 resources from state, county, city and local organizations; and how AFSC is responding to the crisis.
- Ways You Can Help: What do Friends need to know? What can Friends do to help? How can we share with each other and our community?
- Spanish Language Video. It was created by a six-woman group including three Immigrant Action Group members - Wynn Lewis, Elizabeth McMahon and Carol Kilpatrick - along with support from many activists across the country.
Information You Can Use
Alert Santa Fe
Alert Santa Fe is the official emergency notification system used by the City of Santa Fe to communicate with city residents during emergencies. It is available to anyone who lives, works, travels through or visits the Santa Fe, and to City Public Utility customers.
State, County, City and Local Organizations
Pandemic Information from AFSC
- AFSC COVID-19 Pandemic Response Page: Find updates, resources and news
- Kristin Krumpf, the human mobility and mobility director on immigrants, Detention, and COVID-19: Facebook Live Video
- National Public Radio story of AFSC New Mexico project to connect local farmers with places needing food during the COVID-19 crisis: “Farm to Food Bank”
Ways You Can Help
Spanish Language Video
This 16 minute COVID-19 Spanish language video was created by a six-woman group including three Immigrant Action Group members - Wynn Lewis, Elizabeth McMahon and Carol Kilpatrick - along with support from many activists across the country. The video is about protecting yourself and family from the Coronavirus.
The project was started when the group realized there was a scarcity of resources in Spanish about COVID-19 as well as that those not tied into the news and/or aren't readers may be missing the important guidelines and updates about COVID-19.
It includes two women talking together. One is an incredible Chicana activist, Maria Christina-Lopez, an immigrants’ right organizer here in New Mexico. She speaks alongside of Emily Vargas Riaño a knowledgeable public health specialist in Bogotá. They converse together in a clear, warm, educative way about their experiences and knowledge, presenting 7 key ways that people can protect themselves and their families from COVID 19.
Feel free to share far and wide.